IOWA RENEWABLE FUELS ASSOCIATION
3rd Annual Fuel the Future
Iowa High School Video Contest
PURPOSE OF CONTEST: The Iowa Renewable Fuels Association (IRFA) is sponsoring a renewable fuels video contest for high school students for the purpose of educating students and the general public on the benefits of renewable fuels - specifically, E15 and biodiesel. This year's contest is asking students to create a "political campaign ad" video to convince Iowans why they should choose E15 and/or biodiesel at the pump in 2013. The top three video entries, as selected by a panel of judges, will receive the following prizes:
First Place: $1,000 Second place: $600 Third Place: $400
In addition, each of the top three entries will be featured at the 2013 Iowa Renewable Fuels Summit on January 30 and will be posted on IRFA’s YouTube® channel.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, each video participant must complete the official “Fuel the Future Entry Form” and submit it along with either a DVD, Flash Drive, or a secure web link containing your original video (only one copy per team) to the Iowa Renewable Fuels Association at one of the following:
Iowa Renewable Fuels Association
ATTN: Fuel the Future
5505 NW 88th Street
Johnston, IA, 50131
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE IRFA OFFICE BY JANUARY 18, 2013.
ELIGIBILITY: Contest eligibility is limited to students currently attending high school (grades 9-12 in a public, private or home school) in Iowa. Immediate families of sponsors are not eligible to win.
- The video should deliver a "political campaign ad" themed message urging Iowa consumers to choose E15 and/or biodiesel for their vehicles at the pump in 2013.
- Video submissions may not exceed 2 minutes in length.
- There is no limit on the number of participants in a video, however, only one award will be given per video, not per person.
- Video submissions must be original works and may not contain copyrighted material or any material that is proprietary to a third party.
- All video submissions will become the sole property of the Iowa Renewable Fuels Association.
For any questions related to IRFA’s "Fuel the Future" Contest, contact T.J. Page at 515-252-6249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Last Year's Videos
1st Place Winner
2nd Place Winner
3rd Place Winner
FUEL THE FUTURE TOOLKIT